So I know this is New England and its the winter. It is supposed to be cold, supposed to snow, and snow days are bound to happen. But honestly at this point, it needs to stop. I am sick of snow days, I am sick of this white stuff and need some green in my life before I go insane, and most of all, I am sick of this stuff ruining my plans. This snow storm on Thursday better not be anything major because I am supposed to go to see Al this weekend after a month and if I can't due to the snow then thats it...with mother nature (but I do have an amazing dad who said if it is bad, he may drive me up Friday night, couldn't ask for a better dad...no dad I am not sucking up, just saying it like it is, many other people would just say forget it and not even try)
But on a positive note this got me listening to the song that we call ours. In five days, it will be 2 years for us not "together wise" but since we started hanging out and talking and such. The first night, when UConn was playing Syracuse in Basketball, we were sitting in his car and he was showing me the map of where his law school was and how far it was. It was snowing/raining a tad and cold. The car was the only dry warm place where we didn't have to leave to go somewhere else. As we were talking about things, a song came on the radio.
The Fray came out with a song called you found me. As it played we stopped talking and just listened. The lyrics could not have described the situation any better than I could. Around that time, I was struggling in school and was keeping to myself. I was insecure about myself, not sure if anyone was ever going to be interested in me, or if I was just wishing too hard. "In the end everyone ends up alone" is one of the lyrics in the song and before meeting Al that is how I felt. Somehow, the job that I am at, has a positive side, which is meeting Al. (And Tami!!!)
This is the song, with the video. After the song stopped, we kept talking and about an hour later, it came on again. At that point I thought it was a "sign". "Lost and insecure, you found me, you found me, lying on the floor, surrounding, surrounding, why'd you have to wait, where were you where were you?" That is basically what I kept asking him over the next few days. Where were you earlier, when I didn't think everything was going to be ok. Throughout the days we would always here the song, and every time I heard it it would bring butterflies to my stomach. Even now, being so far away, yet so close but still 2 hours, every time the song is on, he calls me or tells me he heard it and I do the same. It has become our song and I can never stop listening.
I have a tendency to connect songs to my life. Most songs that I love have to do with an aspect of my life that has happened or has currently happened. I have my sad songs, my upbeat songs, my take that songs. I don't even know where to put this song, except for on repeat when I get to a point where I just need to space out. Al found me, and I found him. Besides my family and friends, he keeps me going. There are plenty of songs that remind me of him and that we hear together on a regular basis, but none of them stick out like this song. Everything about it speaks about when we met and the timing.
The moral that I learned with this whole thing is, when you stop looking and start wondering is there really a guy out there for you, there is. When you are not looking he will pop out of nowhere and turn your life upside down in a good way. It actually made me happy while writing this blog, to be able to stick to the topics I wanted to write about, while adding a personal touch. Lets hope Mother Nature is wrong and holds off just a few more days!
No comments:
Post a Comment