Take a minute and think about everyone in your life who you know. Whether they are family, friends, acquaintances, co-workers... Do any of them fit either or any other definitions of perfect down to the last word? Most people will say no. They don't know any one who is perfect by "dictionary" standards. And those who do say they have a friend who fits that, what makes them perfect? Who is to say they are perfect, who is dictionary.com and any one else to say that the person has no flaws or defects. Any body can conform to being something they are not, but then does that make them perfect? Even if it is not who they really are?
When I was in High School a girl who was perfect always had their hair done, make up done, and even though we wore uniforms and everyone dressed alike, she still had a style about her that seemed different. For a guy, there was no definition. The pressure to be perfect fell more onto girls due to acceptance by other girls. That was just my school. When you were sitting in your cafeteria, did you notice any "pretty" girls sitting with the so called "ugly" girls? Most likely not. Because the "pretty" girls were perfect as they would think and the "ugly" girls were not.
People strive to become that perfect person and by doing so they loose sight of themselves. They forget what is real and what is fake and who their friends are. They ditch true friends who would have their back no matter what and hang out with people who when you really need them
are not there. To me perfect people are not perfect. I mean prime example: Christina Agulara and the National Anthem at the super bowl. She is deemed perfect by a lot of people, has money, nice house, good paying job, and she forgets the words to the song and all of the sudden everyone is all on her like she is the worst person in the world. Granted I laughed, I stopped to think about how she felt. She probably felt 10 times worse then I ever would have due to the standard she lives up too. That just goes to show that no one is perfect to a tee. But its how you handle yourself that makes the difference.
I am not perfect, my hair tends to be a mess, my make up is never right, I tend to wear sweats. But to other people, just by being me or you being yourself you are perfect in their eyes. If people in this world stop living up to standards they will never meet and just take a step back there may be less suicides for teenagers who think they are overweight when they are not, or from being bullied for not being perfect. The world is not perfect so why should one person be. Who sets the definition of perfect? The media? because if they are, they are doing one terrible job.
This song is called ****ing Perfect by Pink. When I first heard it I was almost brought too tears. It goes into the fact that no one is perfect, and when you are down and think there is no hope, you are still perfect to someone. No one should feel like they are "less than perfect" To someone in this world you are perfect. At times in your life it may feel like you are not. Especially for kids who are in the foster care system or whose parents just don't care. But there is always one person who cares even if it is your teacher.
This song helped me also realize, that I don't have to be perfect. I have my faults, major ones, but as long as I am living and have a roof over my head then my life is perfect. There are people who have nothing and don't ask for anything. Its amazing how powerful a song can be, but when you take a step back and look at what the true message is, to someone if not more you are perfect.
This song is dedicated to all the people who feel that they are not perfect and struggle with life day to day. No one should have to resort to harming or killing themselves because they don't fit it. There is help out there.
No comments:
Post a Comment